Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike may not be allowed to participate in the 2019 governorship election.
This is as a result of certificate forgery allegation and inconsistency in date of birth levelled against him by a lawyer, Achinike William Wobodo Esq., who dragged him to court.
The lawyer who sought for Wike’s disqualification from contesting in the gubernatorial election, also dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to court over the issue.
He accused Governor Wike of presenting a forged certificate of age to the electoral body.
The applicant alleged that Governor Wike falsified his age to contest in the local government area council chairman election in Obio/Akpor in 1999/2000, when he was less than 35 years, which was the required age as at then.
According to Legit.ng, the case with suit No. FHC/ABJ/CS/1020/2018 was brought pursuant to Section 182(1)(j) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended).
The lawyer who claimed to have known governor Wike right from when they were in the same Faculty of Law in Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, said that Wike’s real date of birth is 13th December 1967 and not 13th March, 1963 which he presented to the INEC body.
The particulars of forgery submitted by the applicant includes;
1. That the document lied against/about itself
2. That the content was made of manifest inconsistent, inexplicable and irreconcilable falsehoods
3. The information regarding the age of the governor was false, and to the knowledge of the governor
4. That the governor intended that INEC should act on the document as genuine
5. That INEC acted on the document as genuine
6. That the constitution of Nigeria talks about presentation of forged certificate, it will be immaterial that the governor claims he did not forge the document by himself, etc.
Finally the governor has been accused of been inconsistent in his date of birth, and for swearing an affidavit for a forged birth certificate to contest in the election, hence should also be disqualified from contesting in 2019 governorship election.
The post Wike To Be Disqualified From Contesting In 2019 Governorship Election appeared first on Happenings In Nigeria.