Two housewives have died after they both unknowingly touched a rope connected to an electric cable.

Pic 8: Life less electric wires at Igbogbo area of Ikorodu, Lagos

According to Kemi Filani’s blog, the sad incident occurred in Tungan-Wakili, Tafa local government area of Niger state.

Umaru Sadau, the husband to the deceased women, who is a ward head in the area, said the unfortunate incident happened after his first wife, Hajara, went to spread a cloth she used in draining water in the house on the line.


Sadau, who could not explain how the electricity current got to the rope, said that it was Salamatu, his second wife, who rushed to rescue the first wife, having watched her fall.

He said Salamatu, whose neck touched the rope died immediately while, Hajara, who touched the rope with her two hands, died some minutes later, before she could be taken to the hospital.

Sadau said that his late wives left behind five children.

In another sad development, ton Jakande Estate, Oke Afa, Isolo, Lagos.

Ahmed was employed by a sawmill at Isheri-Oshun-Ijegun road,junction as a motor boy. On the day of the incident, he left the Ijegun sawmill with a vehicle loaded with planks.

The post SAD: How Housewife Died Trying To Rescue Electrocuted Mate appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *