The passing week has been a highly tensed one, with US presidential election come to an unexpected end. Nigeria and the world at large reacted in ways unimaginable.
There an unsteady atmosphere following the outcome of the elections, many aggrieved are protesting, street walks have turned from harmless to violent and the feeling in America tends to be rubbing off on afairs around the world.
Below are 13 vital quotes which speaks loudly of how the earth revolved in an anti-clockwise direction within the course of the passing week.
1. “The current economic theory ravaging the world is now reaching the poor and the ordinary people”
Ministers in Buahri’s government differ on the issue of Trump’s election as President of the United States of America.
2. “A peaceful transition of power is one of the hall marks of our democracy”
President Barrack Obama addressing Americans following the outcome of the elections in which Secretary Clinton was beaten by Donald Trump.
3. “If we lose, We learn from our mistakes, we do some reflection, we lick our wounds, we brush ourselves off, we get back in the arena”
Obama speaking at the White House, regarding the new phase of America’s democratic journey.
4. “Whether your candidate won or lost, the sun will come up in the morning”
5. “I am often misrepresented, I discharge my duties as required which was to protect the Head of State, protect the government and the people of the country.”
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha speaking about the death of Kudirat Abiola and has denied his involvement in her demise.
6. “In the end, they are all our enemies and we will only meet them on the battlefields”
The Islamic State Jihadist group (ISIS), speaking on Donald Trump’s victory in the US Presidential election.
7. “We think the Federal Government must hold every public officer and everyone of us to the same standards of accountability”
Governor, Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, on Thursday, November 11, called for the suspension, resignation or termination of appointments of public office holders who have scores to settle with the law.
8. “It is disgusting for President Muhammadu Buhari and his tribesmen to equate the revenue priorities of the Niger Delta region with regional comparisons of development in Nigeria.”
The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), saying that the Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari is not carrying out his leadership duties aright.
9. “Tear your Green Card and risk arrest”
Abuja based lawyer, Kayode Ajulo, cautioning Nigerian Nobel Literature Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, against carrying out his threat to destroy his American green card in protest of Donald Trump’s victory at the US presidential election.
10. “Having taken this route myself, I know it takes great self sacrifice”
Goodluck Jonathan reacting to the election of Donald Trump as the president of the US and applauded Hillary Clinton for
11. “I have spent my entire adult life fighting for what I believe in”
Hillary Clinton addressing the American people following her loss at the polls.
12. “Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it. If we stand together and work together…..our best days are still ahead of us”
Hillary charging Americans to never give up on their political believes.
13. “As we speak now, Nigeria is gradually entering autocracy. Judiciary no longer has courage to defend democracy.”
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has slammed President Muhammadu Buhari for consistently blaming the past governments for the economic woes after one and half years into the APC administration.