Demi Lovato Overdose: How Paramedics Revived Pop Star
Thanks to the fast thinking of paramedics, American pop star and actress, Demi Lovato, was successfully revived after she was found unconscious on the floor of her house on Tuesday following an apparent drug overdose.
Though the singer has refused to tell paramedics what drug she overdosed on, they were able to revive her not long after she was taken from her Hollywood Hills Home.
Paramedics brought Demi back to consciousness using Narcan, a medication which blocks the effects of opioids.
The medication, which is sprayed into the nostril, restores normal breathing in someone who has overdosed on prescription painkillers, heroin or fentanyl for up to 90 minutes.
A source told People: ‘Narcan is like an EpiPen to someone in anaphylactic shock — it gives you this crazy burst of energy.
What happens though is the opiate is still in your system, so if you do enough of it the Narcan can wear off and your heart rate can slow down again.’
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that as no drugs were seized at the singer’s home and they cannot determine if Lovato was in the possession of illegal substances, hence there will be no criminal investigation.
Demi is now awake and responsive in hospital, where her family are by her side.
The post Demi Lovato Overdose: How Paramedics Revived Pop Star appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.