During the swearing-in of Nigeria’s new ministers on Wednesday, November 11, 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari, stated that he was reluctant to rush the process, to avoid making the mistakes experienced during immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.
1. “Today we have reached another milestone in the evolution of our new government which Nigerians overwhelmingly voted into office in the March 28th, 2015 general elections. Today we witness the swearing-in of new ministers of the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. “Since our inauguration on May 29, 2015, the Vice President and I have been mindful of the need to constitute a cabinet that will best deliver our expectations of a better country than we inherited.
3. “We want to work towards a prosperous nation respected for the right reasons, and whose citizens can hold up their heads anywhere in the world.
4. “And we are optimistic that bringing this set of ministers into the service of our country today is a step in the right direction, a timely move towards realising our positive goals for our country.
5. “Since we assumed office in May, I have been mindful of the need to ensure that the appointment of new ministers translates into putting round pegs in round holes while showing sensitivity to our diversity as a people and our various positions as groups of stakeholders in our country.”
6. “Also, I have responded to the counsel to consult as widely as possible, given the need to build a stable and all-inclusive government by reaching across our various ethnic and political divides.”
The post 6 Remarkable Quotes Buhari Made During Inauguration Of New Ministers appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Powered by WPeMatico