Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ) is a female focused Nigeria based non-governmental organization established by 14 individuals in 2002. Our vision is “to be the catalyst that elevates the status and influence of women and their contribution to nation building” in Nigeria. This vision derives from our concerns about gender inequalities in the workplace and businesses and we have promoted our vision through various initiatives such as – lectures, conferences, mentoring, training, outreaches to mention a few – at which women meet other women to dialogue on issues that militates against women achieving their full potential.
Our Campus outreach program themed “Winning Without Compromise” (WIWIC) is one of the major initiative through which WIMBIZ has achieved its goals and objectives. One of the main focus of this programme is to prepare undergraduates on workplace balance, business and health issues by challenging them at an interactive session to unveil, discuss and resolve their expectations, opportunities and/or fears.
We have held this programme in five campuses namely: The University of Lagos, Lagos State University, University of Port Harcourt, University of Abuja and the University of Ibadan. This year we have chosen the University of Calabar and we intend to target young undergraduates of higher institutions.
Our previous outreach programme has attracted well over a thousand female and male students from specific and surrounding tertiary institutions. Our facilitators are drawn from our pool of WIMBIZ mentors, associates and seasoned facilitators who would walk the participants through their experiences and hopefully pass onto them the rules of survival in our society and the need to be more accountable for their actions.
Our speakers for the event are:
- Personal Branding – Julia Oku-Jacks – Head Corporate Communication, Moni Pulo Limited and WIMBIZ Board of Trustee.
- Pathway to personal accountability and financing – Aishah Ahmad – Head, High Networth Individuals, Stanbic IBTC Bank, WIMBIZ Executive Council Member
- Leadership and Inculcating a Reading Habit – Koko Kalango – Founder, Rainbow Bookclub
- Relationship and Networking – Toyosi Akerele – Managing Director, Rise Networks
- Societal/Peer Pressure – Kate Henshaw – Nollywood Actress
- Health and Youth Risk – Bisola Onajin-Obembe- Lecturer, University of Port Harcourt
- Career Choices and Corporate Engagement
Date: Friday, April 12th ,2013
Venue: UNICAL International Conference Centre, (New NAT), University of Calabar (UNICAL), Calabar, Nigeria
Time: 12 noon
PARTICIPATION IS FREE!!!
However,this is a pre-registered event; To register, TEXT your NAME & DEPARTMENT, YEAR OF STUDY to 07038478577
For more information; Please visit http://www.wimbiz.org and or e-mail [email protected]
For registration inquiries,SMS or Call: 07038478577
For further information; Call : 08034946249, 08035946249