- MEET OFONIME ‘PUSHIE’S MAKEOVER’ UKPANAH – WETINHAPPEN MAGAZINE YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR! NEW!!
- SIVIC BOUTIQUE ANNOUNCE LATEST ARRIVALS! NEW!!
- IT’S OFFICIAL! FUNKE AKINDELE IS DIVORCED! NEW!!
- MEET DEHNIECE ETUKUDO…YOUNG AND UPWARDLY MOBILE NEW!!
- MEET MMANTI UMOH – SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA’S ONLY FEMALE KEYNOTE SPEAKER NEW!!
- 3RD IBIBIO PEOPLES CONGRESS FIXED FOR AUGUST 14-15 IN WASHINGTON DC. NEW!!
- BE THE 1ST TO LISTEN! ‘SUPPOSE TO KNOW’ – ILLRHYMES [DJ KASS MASH UP VERSION] NEW!!
- DJ KASS DROPS ILLRHYMES ‘SUPPOSE TO KNOW’ MASHUP VERSION TONITE! NEW!!
- WIZKID, ICE PRINCE, MOSES INWANG, IGONI ARCHIBONG ETC SHINES AT 2013 CITY PEOPLE ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS [FULL LIST OF WINNERS] NEW!!
- KOSMIKKREATIONZ ANNOUNCE ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE FOR BRIDES IN AKWA IBOM NEW!!
- LAST WEEK REPORTS OF #NEWAKWAIBOM’S TWEET-CONVO NEW!!
The Nigeria Government has declared Thursday and Friday this week as Public Holidays to celebrate the 2013 Muslim Eid-el-Fitri Festival. The Eid-el-Fitri Festival is usually observed by Muslims all over the world to mark the end of the Holy month of Ramadan.
According to a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Minister of Interior, Mrs. Fatima Bamidele, Mr. Abba Moro “Federal Government of Nigeria has declared Thursday, 8th and Friday, 9th August 2013 as Public Holiday to mark 2013 Eid-el-Fitri Salah Celebration.”
The Minister also “enjoined all Muslim faithful and Nigerians in general to extend the spiritual benefits of Ramadan, which are love, joy, peace, to their daily living and through this, contribute to the development of the nation.”
Mr. Moro while wishing Nigerians a peaceful celebration also urged Nigerians to seize the opportunity of the holiday to reflect on the imperative of peace in nation building.Photo Credit: omg.com.ng
Welcome to Wetinhappen Magazine – Find latest news about celebrities, lifestyle, fashion, inspiration, sports, entertainment and politics here! Take a Look!
Stories you should not MISS!!
What’s your comment on this post?