- SIVIC BOUTIQUE ANNOUNCE LATEST ARRIVALS! NEW!!
- IT’S OFFICIAL! FUNKE AKINDELE IS DIVORCED! NEW!!
- MEET DEHNIECE ETUKUDO…YOUNG AND UPWARDLY MOBILE NEW!!
- MEET MMANTI UMOH – SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA’S ONLY FEMALE KEYNOTE SPEAKER NEW!!
- 3RD IBIBIO PEOPLES CONGRESS FIXED FOR AUGUST 14-15 IN WASHINGTON DC. NEW!!
- BE THE 1ST TO LISTEN! ‘SUPPOSE TO KNOW’ – ILLRHYMES [DJ KASS MASH UP VERSION] NEW!!
- DJ KASS DROPS ILLRHYMES ‘SUPPOSE TO KNOW’ MASHUP VERSION TONITE! NEW!!
- WIZKID, ICE PRINCE, MOSES INWANG, IGONI ARCHIBONG ETC SHINES AT 2013 CITY PEOPLE ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS [FULL LIST OF WINNERS] NEW!!
- KOSMIKKREATIONZ ANNOUNCE ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE FOR BRIDES IN AKWA IBOM NEW!!
- LAST WEEK REPORTS OF #NEWAKWAIBOM’S TWEET-CONVO NEW!!
The Minister of State for Health, Dr Muhammed Pate, has voluntarily resigned his appointed on President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet. The Minister, in his letter of resignation, which was read at today’s Federal Executive Council meeting stated that he was leaving the cabinet to take up the position of Professor in Duke University’s Global Health Institute, USA, in which capacity he will participate in a university-wide Africa initiative. He will also serve as Senior Adviser to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC.
Dr Pate however offered the continuation of his service to Nigeria on part-time basis as the chairman of the Presidential task force on polio eradication and the public-private coalition for saving one million lives initiative.
Special adviser to the President on media and publicity, Reuben Abati, told state house correspondents that in accepting the Minister’s resignation, Dr Jonathan was highly elated that his “star-studded cabinet” was attracting global attention.
Dr Abati said the President saw the appointment as a plus for the administration and the country as he commended Dr Pate for the integrity and competence he brought on board while carrying out his duties first as the chief executive of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency and later as a Minister.
The President’s spokesman recalled that another cabinet member, the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was one of those shortlisted for the position of the World Bank’s President last year.
“The President congratulated the Minister and accepted his offer to continue to serve on a part-time basis as honourary adviser.
Dr Pate who was appointed Minister in July 2011, is an American Board-Certified medical doctor in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, with an MBA (Health Sector Concentration) from Duke University, USA.
He is also a member of the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on Vaccination and Humanitarian Emergencies at the World Health Organisation (WHO) in Geneva.
Stories you should not MISS!!
What’s your comment on this post?