The statement reads in part “the fact that our leaders could feel relaxed and waste tax payers money in enjoying themselves once again brings to the fore, Federal Government’s insensitivity to the plight of the masses especially students. They do not care about us or what we are passing through. Our pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Government is only concerned about things that affect them personally. Look at the attention they have given to the PDP crisis. If such concern was exhibited towards ASUU we would have been back in classes by now. They have failed us. God is now the only hope of the masses“.
While calling on President Jonathan to immediately awake from his slumber, the students re-echoed their threat to close down private universities in the country if government fails to heed their demands.
- PICTURES – GLOBACOM LAUNCHES GLOZONE OUTLET IN UYO New!!
- JOB VACANCIES – AKWA IBOM STATE MINISTRY OF HEALTH RECRUITMENT, AUGUST 2013 New!!
- 3 SIMPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR VIDEOS ON MTV BASE New!!
- AMAECOM GLOBAL PEGS NEW BRANCHES IN UMUAHIA AND OWERRI New!!
- NEWS – INEC REGISTERS TWO NEW POLITICAL PARTIES New!!
- MUSIC VIDEOS – GODAFA DROPS ‘IT IS OVER’ VIDEO FEATURING MISTA XTO & EMMA SOLUTION New!!
- LATEST MUSIC – DAVIDO DROPS ANOTHER HOT NEW SINGLE! New!!
- JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SET TO TAKE STAGE AT MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS New!!
- PHOTOGRAPHY – CARROT DAZZLES AT SAMSUNG #NX300CHALLENGENG New!!
- MUSIC DOWNLOAD – BRAND NEW!! “GIMME BRAIN” BY CYNTHIA MORGAN New!!