An obviously tired German bank employee fell asleep on his keyboard and accidentally transformed a minor transfer into a 222 million euro ($293 million) order, a court heard Monday. The Hessen labour court heard that the man was supposed to transfer just 62.40 euros from a bank account belonging to a retiree, but instead “fell asleep for an instant, while pushing onto the number 2 key on the keyboard” — making it a huge 222,222,222.22 euro order.
The bank discovered the mistake shortly afterwards and corrected the error. The case was taken to court by the man’s 48-year-old colleague who was fired for letting the mistake slip through when verifying the order.
The court ruled that the plaintiff should be reinstated in his job.
Source: The Huffington Post
- SCHOLARIS MAGAZINE SET FOR UNVEILING THIS WEEKEND
- B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G!! BIG BROTHER RUBY HOUSE DANCING QUEEN AND NOW NOTORIOUS RABBLE-ROUSER SELLY DISQUALIFIED?
- [PHOTO STORY] UWEM UBOM WEDS BAKEF
- B-R-EA-K-I-N-G!! UYO TOWNSHIP STADIUM BANNED!!
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURES FROM ASTEROID’S GIFT & GRACE CONCERT
- FULL LIST OF SUPER EAGLES FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP SQUAD!
NAMES OF THE 4 COMMISSIONERS AND SPECIAL ADVISER CLEARED FOR GOV. AKPABIO’S CABINET RE-SHUFFLE
ICE PRINCE NOW A ‘RHYTHM & PLAY’ AMBASSADOR
GO DOWN LOW WITH OLAMIDE, MISTA XTO, TRINITY AND SPLENDID AT MAGNUM LOUNGE UYO THIS FRIDAY!
EMDAH STORES: WELCOME TO AKWA IBOM’S FIRST ONLINE SUPERMARKET
GOVERNOR GODSWILL AKPABIO COMMISSIONS SECURITY VILLAGE
HOT!! TIMIX FEATURING DAMMY KRANE – “KOWOLE”
What’s your comment on this post?