- MEET OFONIME ‘PUSHIE’S MAKEOVER’ UKPANAH – WETINHAPPEN MAGAZINE YOUNG FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR! NEW!!
- SIVIC BOUTIQUE ANNOUNCE LATEST ARRIVALS! NEW!!
- IT’S OFFICIAL! FUNKE AKINDELE IS DIVORCED! NEW!!
- MEET DEHNIECE ETUKUDO…YOUNG AND UPWARDLY MOBILE NEW!!
- MEET MMANTI UMOH – SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA’S ONLY FEMALE KEYNOTE SPEAKER NEW!!
- 3RD IBIBIO PEOPLES CONGRESS FIXED FOR AUGUST 14-15 IN WASHINGTON DC. NEW!!
- BE THE 1ST TO LISTEN! ‘SUPPOSE TO KNOW’ – ILLRHYMES [DJ KASS MASH UP VERSION] NEW!!
- DJ KASS DROPS ILLRHYMES ‘SUPPOSE TO KNOW’ MASHUP VERSION TONITE! NEW!!
- WIZKID, ICE PRINCE, MOSES INWANG, IGONI ARCHIBONG ETC SHINES AT 2013 CITY PEOPLE ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS [FULL LIST OF WINNERS] NEW!!
- KOSMIKKREATIONZ ANNOUNCE ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE FOR BRIDES IN AKWA IBOM NEW!!
- LAST WEEK REPORTS OF #NEWAKWAIBOM’S TWEET-CONVO NEW!!
It was a big tragedy in the early hours of yesterday in Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State when a vehicle traveling to one of the local governments of the state rammed into a group of children, killing 14 of them and injuring 10 others. Investigation by LEADERSHIP Sunday revealed that the youths were members of Boys and Girls Brigade from three churches within the locality, Church of Christ in Nations (COCIN), Assembly of God Church and Baptist Church all in Barkin-Ladi local government area of the state.
A source who spoke to our correspondent disclosed that the children who were about 40 in number between the ages of 12 to 16 years and were out as early as 7 am for their routine jogging exercise to keep fit and on their way back, precisely at TudunMaza, a wagon skidded off the road and rammed into them killing 14 of them on the spot.
It was also gathered that immediately the incident happened, both the driver and the owner of the maize and Irish Potatoes the vehicle was conveying from Bokkos to Bukuru market in Jos South Local Government jumped out of the Vehicle and ran away to avoid being lynched by people within the scene of the incident.
An eyewitness who gave his name as Dung Elvis said it was like magic to the people of the community who rushed in their large numbers to the scene of the unfortunate incident. It was wailing and crying all through as the remains of those killed were being conveyed to the nearby health centre.
Our correspondent who visited the locality gathered that there was a lull in the community, as people were seen in groups discussing the pathetic incident while the three affected churches immediately suspended their weekend programmes and meetings to mourn the children who also doubled as security boys to the churches every Sunday.
BY ACHOR ABIMAJE
Source: Allafricanews Photo Credit:Channelstv.com
Stories you should not MISS!!
What’s your comment on this post?