The seven-year-old who was on a visit to her grandparents on a farm outside Bela-Bela [a small town in South Africa’s Limpopo province] has allegedly shot dead her friend with a 0.38 revolver belonging to her grandfather. Police say the alleged killer’s grandfather has been charged with failure to safeguard a firearm.
Her grandfather had apparently taken the weapon out of his gun safe on Friday after an attempted robbery, and forgot to put it back, local media reports say.
Meanwhile, the police have opened a murder case but while waiting for clarity from prosecutors on how to proceed because the alleged killer was a minor. South Africa’s 50 million people own an estimated 5.95 million guns, with 3.73 million of them registered.
Stories you should not MISS!!
- PICTURES – GLOBACOM LAUNCHES GLOZONE OUTLET IN UYO New!!
- JOB VACANCIES – AKWA IBOM STATE MINISTRY OF HEALTH RECRUITMENT, AUGUST 2013 New!!
- 3 SIMPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR VIDEOS ON MTV BASE New!!
- AMAECOM GLOBAL PEGS NEW BRANCHES IN UMUAHIA AND OWERRI New!!
- NEWS – INEC REGISTERS TWO NEW POLITICAL PARTIES New!!
- MUSIC VIDEOS – GODAFA DROPS ‘IT IS OVER’ VIDEO FEATURING MISTA XTO & EMMA SOLUTION New!!
- LATEST MUSIC – DAVIDO DROPS ANOTHER HOT NEW SINGLE! New!!
- JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SET TO TAKE STAGE AT MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS New!!
- PHOTOGRAPHY – CARROT DAZZLES AT SAMSUNG #NX300CHALLENGENG New!!
- MUSIC DOWNLOAD – BRAND NEW!! “GIMME BRAIN” BY CYNTHIA MORGAN New!!
What’s your comment on this post?