Edo state governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has signed into law, the bill which prescribes death penalty to kidnappers. The law which is an amendment of the Edo state kidnapping law also prescribes that any premises used by kidnappers will be demolished. Governor Oshiomhole has recently been in a dilemma on whether the death penalty should apply to kidnappers who commit murder during the act and those who do not. Today, he declared that the death penalty applies to all acts of kidnapping whether it involved murder or not, while calling on youths to desist from the criminality as an excuse for unemployment.
Some of the suspects paraded by the Police in Edo state earlier this week may face the death penalty if found guilty of the crime courtesy of the Bill just signed into law by the governor.
The Governor appealed to parents and guardians to be wary of the activities of their wards as criminality should not be an excuse for unemployment.
The governor also assured that no special tribunals will be set up to try cases of kidnapping, as that is a feature of the military era. This he said to relieve concerns over the slow judicial system in Nigeria.
It will be recalled that Human Rights lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN) urged government to grant amnesty to kidnappers, after being a victims of these kidnappers whiule on his way to his home country in Edo state.
Stories you should not MISS!!
- PICTURES – GLOBACOM LAUNCHES GLOZONE OUTLET IN UYO New!!
- JOB VACANCIES – AKWA IBOM STATE MINISTRY OF HEALTH RECRUITMENT, AUGUST 2013 New!!
- 3 SIMPLE WAYS TO GET YOUR VIDEOS ON MTV BASE New!!
- AMAECOM GLOBAL PEGS NEW BRANCHES IN UMUAHIA AND OWERRI New!!
- NEWS – INEC REGISTERS TWO NEW POLITICAL PARTIES New!!
- MUSIC VIDEOS – GODAFA DROPS ‘IT IS OVER’ VIDEO FEATURING MISTA XTO & EMMA SOLUTION New!!
- LATEST MUSIC – DAVIDO DROPS ANOTHER HOT NEW SINGLE! New!!
- JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE SET TO TAKE STAGE AT MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS New!!
- PHOTOGRAPHY – CARROT DAZZLES AT SAMSUNG #NX300CHALLENGENG New!!
- MUSIC DOWNLOAD – BRAND NEW!! “GIMME BRAIN” BY CYNTHIA MORGAN New
What’s your comment on this post?