26-year-old Safiya Ramat Idachaba (Safeeyat) from Abuja was the first announced as a top 12 contestant, followed by Vicci Chidiebere Ijomah (Vicci). Last called was Debbie Olu-Rise (Debbie Rise), 23, from Lagos, who collapsed dramatically on stage in tears, after hearing the news.
Back stage, it was a different story as dejected contestants congratulated each other, and even encouraged each other to look forward to the wildcard episode, where contestants will be asked to return to the stage, and Nigeria will have their chance to invite a chosen few to be in the top 12.
|Debbie Rise, Safeeyat, Vicci with the host; Ill Rymz celebrating their victory|
Who will be joining Debbie, Vicci and Safeeyat as you vote for the second group of 10 this week? Catch Nigerian Idol this weekend as it airs on: NTA Network at 3.30pm on Saturday and Sunday; Sound City and ONTV at 7.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays; Silverbird at 8:00pm on Sundays and 7:30pm on Saturdays and on TVC at 9:30pm on Saturdays and 8:30pm on Sundays.
Afrobeat Legend and new judge Femi Kuti, international performing artist Jeffery Daniel from 80’s disco/dance group Shalamar, and Nigeria’s soul diva Yinka Davies are the judges this season, with suave host Ill Rymz bringing us the highs and the lows throughout the competition. Guest judge Naeto C will be on the show while Kuti completes his US tour throughout the month of January.
The Idol grand prize is worth $100,000, and the lucky winner will get N7.5 million in cash, a recording contract also worth N7.5 million, and a brand new SUV. Runner-ups will receive prizes worth a combined total of N10 million.
Visit http://www.Nigerianidol.com for compelling back story videos, juicy behind the scene news, and get a taste of what is coming. For the latest information, Like the Nigerian Idol Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NigIdol), and follow Nigeria Idol on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NigerianIdol—and you could be eligible to win some fantastic prizes, including the opportunity to be live in the studio for a recording.
Nigerian Idol is brought to you by Etisalat, in association with Pepsi and supported by Beat FM.
- NEW! TALENT WITH HARD WORK IS THE BEST RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- NEW! LUXURY FRENCH BRANDS CREED AND LALIQUE BOTH LAUNCH EXCLUSIVELY AT MONTAIGNE PLACE IN NIGERIA
- NEW! POPULAR FASHION DESIGNER FERON OUT WITH THE ART OF SEDUCTION
- NEW! MARIO WINANS SET TO DROP HIS PURPOSE!
- NEW! LARGEST SUPER EAGLES JERSEY UNVEILED BY GUINNESS
- REASONS WHY THE CURRENT UNIUYO S.U.G PRESIDENT WAS SUSPENDED
- LIFE SAUSAGE: “LIFE IS LIKE A LONG NOVEL; YOU WON’T KNOW THE CONTENT UNTIL YOU READ IT”.
- 6 THINGS THAT NOBODY WILL TELL YOU ABOUT AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS 2013!
- FACES AT MRS INIMA MARTINS AKPAN’S BIRTHDAY BASH
- A TOUR AROUND THE SILVERBIRD CINEMA-IBOM TROPICANA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE UYO
- MUSICIAN EXTRAORDINAIRE: MISTA XTO NOW BOARD MEMBER IN AKWA IBOM
- PRINCESS PAT AKPABIO AT IT AGAIN!