2. Aside from its business oriented objective, ‘Shop ‘n’ Play’ also provides a platform for young people with various performing skills (music, dance, modeling, comedy, acting, spoken word poetry etc) to showcase their talents to movie producers/directors, record label owners, promoters etc.
3. ‘Shop ‘n’ Play’ is hosted annually in the first quarter of every year to help businesses position for the business year. Its 2013 edition event is scheduled to on the 21st-22nd of February at 2nd Baze, a popular event centre in Uyo which will accommodate 25 to 30 exhibition stands from various companies/small enterprises and local/ international multinationals. The event will be held for 2days.
To make Akwa Ibom a private sector-driven state by boosting its economy through its available human resources thereby providing an alternative to the overt reliance on oil, politics and the government sectors.
To promote “made-in-Akwa Ibom” brands within and outside the state and encourage the creative industry of Akwa Ibom people/residents. Also, to create a more relaxed atmosphere where business owners and clients can interact while CEO’s and other business executives network to forge new business alliances.
6. The Fair
The Fair will take place during the morning hours of 10am and end by 5pm. This session will carter for Small brands/Multinationals to showcase their products/services to prospective clients and network as well with other brands.
7. The Talent Exhibition
This session of the event will be in the evening. It kicks off after the Fair in the morning. This part is a platform that showcases young talented people in Music, Comedy, Theatre, Dance, Modeling (Catwalk), Fashion designing, etc.
These young people will be given an opportunity to showcase their craft in front of professionals who will be shopping for new and fresh talents to work with. It serves as the entertainment part of ‘Shop n Play’ which starts immediately after the fair.
Potential participants (Fair and Talents) are to pick up registration forms which will carry every detail required. It is mandatory for participating brands to have a minimum of a single roll-up banner. They are also expected to have handbills/fliers. To a large extent, the roll up banners will guide visitors/potential clients to their stands and the handbills will help customers locate the brands after the event. Registration can also be done online.
N/B: Auditions will be held for performances for the Talent exhibition before going on stage.
- Each partner/supporter of the event automatically gets a free exhibition stand at the venue.
- Exposure/publicity of your brands/products to the public through display at the venue and in every publicity material put out to that effect.
- Direct patronage of your product/service at the venue of the exhibition.
- Opportunity to network with prospective business partners/associates.
- An avenue to interact with your existing and prospective clients and get instant feedback.
- Exposure to SME (Small and Medium Scale Enterprise) Financiers; Representatives from reputable financial institutions.
10. Lifestyle Exhibition Categories.
*The category is not limited to the list.
For Enquiries, please call:
24hrs OFFICE LINES: 08068940064 | 08050500538
Inyene: 08038603729 | 07084097533