- SIVIC BOUTIQUE ANNOUNCE LATEST ARRIVALS! NEW!!
- KCEE, FAZE, KAS, AND MODE 9 MAKES SPECIAL APPEARANCE AT REAL PEE AJABA’S ‘IMPERFECT ME’ ALBUM RELEASE NEW!!
- [SUNDAY SPECIAL] WOMAN KILLS HUSBAND OVER BBM MESSAGES NEW!!
- TRENDING VIDEO: GUNS HIGH BY L’J [WATCH & DOWNLOAD] NEW!!
- PLAYBACK AWLC 2013: WHEN DISTINCT AFRICAN DAMES, DAMSELS ANDAMAZONS OF WORTH GATHERED IN UYO NEW!!
- W-A-R-N-I-N-G!! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN 5 DAYS IF YOU DON’T READ THIS! NEW!!
- NOMINATIONS FOR CROSS RIVER MOVIE AWARDS BEGIN! NEW!!
- FAZE, MODE 9 AND KAS STORM CALABAR FOR REAL PEE AJABA’S ‘IMPERFECT ME’ ALBUM RELEASE NEW!!
- WWW.EMDAHSTORES.COM: TAKING E-COMMERCE TO ANOTHER LEVEL IN NIGERIA NEW!!
- FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP: NIGERIA VS URUGUAY – THE GAME. THE STAKES. THE STAT. THE WORD! NEW!!
- BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE RETURNS! 2013/14 FIXTURES RELEASED! NEW!!
No fewer than 11 people were burnt to death on Sunday in an auto accident at Macmillan area, Soka bus stop, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ibadan. According to eyewitnesses, the accident happened after the propeller of a commercial bus (Mazda) from Ogido in Ogun State broke and hit the fuel tank.
An eyewitness, who gave her name as Jelila Adekeye, said, “The vehicle went up in flames in the process. The burning bus also veered off the road. “The driver and the two passengers on the front seat escaped. The others were not so lucky as they were unable to open the side door.”
Eight adults and three children were said to have died with 13 passengers, including the driver, sustaining various degrees of injuries. The casualties were rushed to Adeoyo and University College Hospital, Ibadan.
The Unit Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Oluyole/Toll Gate, Ibadan, Mr. Adeoye Sanya, said, “The FRSC was informed about the accident around 1pm.“We gathered that the propeller of the bus pulled on motion and hit the fuel tank. I can confirm to you that the bus was overloaded.”
What’s your comment on this post?